Notify me when the item is available.
- Additional information
Connect your JustBoom DAC to a set of powered speakers, headphones or audio amplifiers and you can be up and running quickly, enjoying flawless, crystal-clear high quality audio playback within minutes of unboxing. If you need amplification or additional output for passive speakers, the JustBoom DAC is also compatible with the JustBoom Amp - just the stack on top with the mounting hardware and board will be good to go.
This affordable, standalone DAC has among the best value for money. The digital (S / PDIF) inputs include both optical (TOSLINK) and coaxial / RCA connector options. The onboard DAC chip offers 384kHz / 32 bit outputs (although this is limited to the input S / PDIF receiver to 108kHz / 24bit). The JustBoom DAC additionally includes a 138mW headphone amplifier.
The board outputs line level audio over RCA and also offers the headphone amplified output over 3.5mm jack cable. The board is powered by a standard 5 volt microUSB power supply - this is a common power supply in tablets and smartphones so many of you already have one available or can pick one up for a good price!
Need help understanding how this product works? Follow our product guide.
Follow our full setup guide for assembling your JustBoom DAC and Case.
A standalone audio DAC card provides the perfect solution for a number of exciting projects and applications where standard audio resolutions just won't cut it. Here are some possible use cases for the JustBoom DAC:
- Paired with the JustBoom Digi HAT / JustBoom Digi Zero as a receiver for your digital audio output
- Paired with the JustBoom Amp to offer all in one DAC and amplifier for a compact high-quality audio solution
- High-quality headphone amplifier for your digital audio receiver
- Streaming (either from cloud or network storage) high-definition audio player
- Multi-room audio player
- Media center / set-top box living room entertainment system
- And many many more….
- Full high quality audio - 108kHz / 24bit (uses 384kHz / 32bit DAC chip but this is limited due to the S / PDIF input)
- Includes S / PDIF input using either optical (TOSLINK) or electrical (RCA / coaxial) connections
- Includes both a DAC and headphone amplifier
- Line-level RCA and headphone amplified 3.5mm jack outputs
- Plug and play compatibility for ease of use
- No soldering required
- Powered by the 5v micro USB power supply - you probably already have one!
- Compatible with the JustBoom Amp
- Mounting hardware included
- Burr-Brown / Texas Instruments PCM5102A DAC chip - 384kHz / 32 bit. Please note that due to restrictions of the S / PDIF receiver the max quality is limited to 108kHz / 24 bit
- Texas Instruments TPA6133A2 headphone amplifier - 138mW
- 112db SNR and -93db THD for best-in-class audio
- Advanced ESD protection on both headphone and RCA outputs
- Ultra low noise voltage regulator for the best audio output (LDO 10uVrms)
- 5v microUSB power input requires at least 100mA when using RCA connectors or at least 200mA when using headphone connector. We recommend at least to 500mA power supply
- Stacking with JustBoom Amp by way of board-to-board connector. All of the hardware required for ease of use
|Dimensions||5 × 1 × 3 cm|
Raspberry Pi 3, Raspberry Pi 4, Raspberry Pi Zero